We are currently experiencing network problems with the desktop version of Police Oracle. We hope to have these resolved as soon as possible.

No-nos on a 999 list that turns a minor drama into a full-blown crisis

Res ipsa loquitor (30/09/19 @ 11:41)

Obviously, most of these are a waste of time and resource. But asking the police whether one can shoot a rodent - at all or in the confines of one's own home seems reasonable to me. Directions - I was brought up to ask the police and over many years have frequently called in to the cop shop - in the days pre-satnav (yes, there were such times). It is really difficult to find out who is responsible for some criminal activities: parking on the pavement, dog fouling, noise and public nuisance. Certainly not 999 matters, but who, exactly is the responsible authority....and more to the point how would a member of the public know this? I just googled "noise complaint UK" and had this as the first response "Unless you are in immediate physical danger, do not call 911 with a simple noise complaint. Many larger cities have separate helplines for people to call if they are unsure of the correct agency to speak with. For example, in New York City, you should dial 311. In Los Angeles, you should dial (877) ASK-LAPD (275-5273)." Anyone spot anything there?????

Leave a Comment