Senior officers slate "unfair" and “incredibly divisive” pay deal

Springbok223 (20/07/22 @ 14:26)

Lets remember that MP's gave themselves a huge pay rise, and don't say they didn't, they did, but use the excuse that they couldn't reject it because a committee had recommended it. Greedy MP's as always, they don't care sod all about anyone else, just me, me, me, people.

Softly Softly (20/07/22 @ 15:41)

Superintendents and NPCC ranks complaining about pay forever writing and preaching about diversity and being so out of touch about street level crime issues, sorry but no sympathy from me.

Anon (20/07/22 @ 21:49)

I'm not sure that Supt & Chief Supts on £70 - £90 per annum and Chief Officers on £100k plus will get much sympathy from ne PC's on circa £20k. The government's agenda is to divide and cause resentment and confusion. That is precisely what they have achieved. I have say it is ironic that Chief Officers have supported pay restraint for the Federated ranks up until now, but now it affects them then it matters.

Annoymous. (20/07/22 @ 23:53)

I wouldn’t pay many in those ranks in washers.

Bertie Jerome (21/07/22 @ 11:57)

As usual, out of touch inputs from people who don't have a clue.

eightfive (21/07/22 @ 16:41)

The key point here is that Chief Police Officers are being treated differently from their counterparts in other parts of the public sector. Senior Military personnel are receiving the same percentage increase as junior ranks, the all of one company approach. The same applies in medicine etc. However, senior police personnel can and are treated with contempt. Please cover representations from CPOSA and the rationale put forward by the HO/Pay Body. I predict sound and fury signifying nothing from CPOSA. In essence the government treat you badly and you go along with it.

retired brief (25/07/22 @ 17:11)

Bertie Jerome; you do have a lot of issues!

Anon (26/07/22 @ 20:11)

It's so unfair and divisive. Oh now it is because it prejudices the senior ranks of the organisation. I recall Chief Officers and the NPCC trumpeting affordability in previous years when the front line workforce was offered nothing or 1%. True double standards!

Annoymous. (27/07/22 @ 07:39)

Majority of Insp ranks and above up to ACPO are over-promoted, so glad I left the police and joined the legal proffesion.

Annoymous. (27/07/22 @ 07:39)

Trebor Leep (27/07/22 @ 12:23)

let's hope your spelling improves